Thursday 26 February 2009

What I listen to

I listen to the smooth jazz of Miles Davis and the energetic swing of Cannonball Adderley. Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane feel like old friends. The classic tunes of Duke Ellington are a joy.

I am constantly looking for new, offbeat jazz and indie sounds like the accordion of Richard Galliano and the hang of Portico Quartet. I recently discovered Moriarty - they are fabulous!

Atmospheric music, a la Susumu Yokota and Jun Miyake now have my attention.

Serge Gainsbourg, Jane Birkin and Carla Bruni make me yearn for France. Paris Combo and their sound, so evocative of Django Reinhardt are a pleasure to listen to.

I love the reminders of my adolescence too, the 80s pop I grew up with: Whitney Houston and the pop bands The Eurhythmics and Roxette: comfort music! I dig the 70s West Coast vibes of The Eagles and James Taylor, I really do. The poets Paul Simon and Warren Zevon find their way to my heart too.

Finally, my playlist would not be complete without the crooning sounds of Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble.

No comments:

Post a Comment